Your donation is an investment in our clients’ futures and their overall success.
Here are some of the ways you can give to support those experiencing homelessness in our community:
Every dollar you donate makes a difference in the lives of individuals and families in need.
There are three ways to financially support us:
- Give Online
- Call 920.882.1689 to make a gift over the phone
- Mail or drop off a check to 400 N Division St, Appleton, WI 54911.
You have many opportunities to plan for the future of Homeless Connections and receive valuable tax benefits for you and/or your heirs:
- Wills or Trust Bequests: Create a bequest by including a charitable gift provision in your will or trust document.
- Beneficiary Designation Gifts: Name Homeless Connections as the beneficiary of your life insurance, annuity, trust, or IRA.
- Life Insurance Gifts: Purchase and gift a new contract to Homeless Connections or gift an existing contract.
- Gift Annuity: Transfer money or property to Homeless Connections in exchange for a fixed income for you and/or your survivor’s lifetime.
To learn more about planned giving and how you can be a part of Homeless Connections’ future, consider attending a Giving with a Charitable Heart presentation. For more information about planned giving and these presentations, contact Jerome Martin, executive director, at 920.882-1689 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your in-kind gifts are needed to meet people’s basic needs and allow us to put dollars directly toward programming.
If you are purchasing new items for Homeless Connections, shop on our Amazon Smile page or sign up with United Community and use participating businesses. Your donation will go that much further toward supporting people in need by giving a percentage of your purchase back to Homeless Connections.
OUR ON-GOING NEEDS ARE AS FOLLOWS:
- Whole Chickens, Turkey, Ham, Deli Meat
- Packaged: Fruit, Granola Bars, Pudding cups, Applesauce
- Chips, Snack Mix, Pretzels
- Peanut butter
- Fresh fruit
- Dairy: Butter (sticks, cups), cheese (sliced, brick), cottage cheese, sour cream
- Olive Oil
- Coffee (bags or K-Cups)
- Coffee creamer
- Paper towels
- Heavy duty large garbage bags (leaf bag size; 30-55 gallon)
- Tall kitchen garbage bags (13 gallon)
- 3 oz Dixie cups
- Vinyl / latex disposable gloves
- Toilet paper
- Hair spray (non aerosol) & mousse/gel
- Ethnic Hair Products (Grease, Gel, Cream, Shampoo, Cond.)
- Shower Caddy & Travel Soap Dishes
- Foot Powder/Odor Eaters
- Hair brushes
- Baby monitors and batteries
- Umbrella strollers (new)
- Baby bottle brushes
- Pain relievers, fever reducers
- Lice kits
- Building for Kids Passes
- Monkey Joe’s Certificates
- Funset Boulevard Certificates
- Theater passes (Movie, PAC, Attic)
- Hair Salon Certificates
- Restaurant Gift Cards
- Bus Passes- Valley Transit
- Bowling Alley Gift Cards
- Museum Passes (History, Trout)
- Note pads & legal writing pads
- Stamps & postcard stamps
- Copy Paper (letter size – white)
- USB flash drives
- Computer Ink: HP 74/75/564/940
- Appointment Books
- Eye Masks
- Women’s Underwear & Socks (Sz. 6-12)
- Men’s Underwear (boxer, briefs) & Socks
- Men’s Flip Flops (LG, XL, XXL, XXXL)
- Umbrellas, Rain Ponchos
- Bike Locks, Bike Chains, Bike Lights
- Cell Phone Minutes
- Phone Cards
Laundry & Linens:
- Dryer sheets
- Stain remover sticks
- Laundry baskets
- 18 gallon totes (e.g., Rubbermaid, Sterlite)
- Hangers –(Plastic, Adult size)
- Twin-size sheets (fitted, flat)
- Pillow cases
Please contact Anne Muller at 920.882.1446 or email@example.com for Capital Replacement Items or Wish List Drive Ideas.
All donations may be dropped off (anytime) at 400 N Division Street (Appleton) 920-734-9192.
- Tower oscillating fans
- Alarm clocks and batteries
- Batteries: 9V, C, D
- Room Air Fresheners (Non Aerosol)
- Post-Crescent newspaper subscriptions
- Magazine Subscriptions to Homeless Connections (400 N. Division St. Appleton, WI 54911): Cricket, Ranger Rick, Sports Illustrated, Readers Digest, National Geographic (kids & adult)
Attend Our Events
Homeless Connections and partnering organizations host several fundraisers throughout the year. Your purchase of a ticket to one of our events supports our mission and connects you with others in our community passionate about our cause.
Visit our events page for details about our upcoming events.
Host a Drive
Your workplace, place of worship, school, or organization can organize a drive for Homeless Connections to collect items off our wish list, dollars, or gift cards.
Before committing to hosting a drive, read this packet of information about how to coordinate a drive on behalf of Homeless Connections.
If you’re interested in organizing a drive for Homeless Connections, complete this form to let us know about your plans and how we might help you.
Project Saving Grace
Project Saving Grace was started to help build an awareness of homelessness in our community and to provide students with opportunities to help those in need. Each school participating in the project is asked to host a drive, organize a fundraiser, and hold an awareness activity (vigil, speaker, sleep out, etc.). Project Saving Grace is intended to involve the entire high school community.
To get started, your school needs one adult supervisor who is willing to work with a committee of student leaders to coordinate events and/or participants. If your school is interested in learning more about Project Saving Grace, contact the Volunteer & Special Events Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or 920.734.9192 to get a packet of information.